Saturday, January 1, 2011

12/31/10 Holiday Initiative VIII, Seminole Environmental Center and Orlando's Azalea Park

     I went with my friend Sara to the Environmental Studies Center in Winter Springs Florida. There was long trails there with bins for Air Potato Vines. There was lots of Cesar Weeds along the trails and also some Japanese Climbing Ferns. I didn't see any Chinese Tallow.
     Later I found Azalea Park in Orlando (There is another Azalea Park in Winter Park). While exploring the park I took out 7 Cesar Weeds 14 Air Potatoes and an arm full of the vines. I did notice Turk's Turban there also but I'm thinking they may have put it there on purpose. I may pull it out anyway because it is such and invasive pest. (See the above picture of the Air Potato leaf).

No comments:

Post a Comment