Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/2/11 Holiday Initiative X, Return to Bridge Out


     I returned to the Big Econlockhatchee to clean up after other people's New Years celebrations. While other people are at their churches this Sunday morning, I'm out here protecting Florida's native eco-systems. I had to postpone my main clean up due to a large dog barking at me. I carry a survival knife for dogs. The owner showed up and at my request put the dog on a leash.      I picked up most but not all of the beer bottles and cans that were thrown all throughout the bushes. I don't drink alcohol but I have three recycling bins full of beer bottles. I also picked up several can rings (see the bottom picture), these things are very dangerous to animals. I always cut the rings open before putting them in my recycling bin.
     I found one Air Potato and an old Trot Line that was tied to a Cypress Knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment