Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/12/11 Return to Blanchard Park, A Brazilian Pepper Tree and my Laundry.

     I came back to survey Blanchard Park and found the wall of Cesar Weeds to be leafless. Recent frosts have stripped them bare and now I can see just how extensive the invasion is (see top picture). I'd love to burn them if I could. It is still freezing and I have arthritis, so I fought to pull off 100 Air Potatoes from the recently frost burned vines (bottom picture) and 4 Cesar Weeds until my hands couldn't take it any more.
     Later I went to eat dinner and remembered there was a Brazilian Pepper Tree near by. I ripped off a branch to bring home to burn.
     I think I saw Turk's Turban there also. If it is it would be the first time I've seen Turban loose in the wild. I need to see it have flowers or seeds before I can be sure.
     Then I went to do my laundry at the laundry mat. They know me there and tonight let me have the key to their back dumpster to pull out the cardboard and empty laundry soap containers. Now my five recycling bins are full of other people's beer bottles, soap containers and cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment