Saturday, January 15, 2011

1/14/11 Highway 50 Recreation Center


     I've visited this park briefly before. But recently I looked at it on Mapquest.com and saw there was a lot of it I hadn't seen. So today I returned to the HWY-50 Rec Center and really explored. There was a lot of land there including paved paths, streams, swamps, a baseball field (where I took the top picture of the only invasive Japanese Climbing Fern I saw there and which I'll have to come back for) playgrounds and entries to adjoining apartment complexes.
     I found Brazilian Pepper everywhere. It is quite bad here. This is the closest Brazilian Pepper I know of to my house. There was a few Air Potatoes on the ground also.
     I found an arrow (see bottom picture) which I kept. There was lots of recyclable garbage and lot of balls I'll come back for, especially around the apartment complexes.
     There was a group of seedy looking people in one area which made me uncomfortable. At lease there was no dogs. I was not armed in any way because I didn't realize how large the park was.

No comments:

Post a Comment