Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12/29/10 Holiday Initiative VI, Green Images & the Big Econlockhatchee River


     Yesterday I spent the day recycling things and looking downtown for parks. I took my Styrofoam and CD's to the Eco-Guys (Who have an environmental radio show on 810 AM on Saturdays from 4pm-5pm). Then on to one of my favorite shops to give them all the plastic bags I've been gathering for them. It is a family business so I give them my bags to save them money. I also found the Orange County Extension Office.
     Today I got back to the hands on part of my vacation. I found Green Images Native Plant Nursery. They taught me some tips on identifying native palm trees. I'm going to help them with advertising and they are going to help me with native plant identification.
     Then I went home to work hard for the rest of the day. I broke up a large pile of drying Chinese Tallow branches. I walked out to the river and pulled out 107 baby Cesar Weed plants and 19 Water Hyacinths (see the above before and after pictures). I also spent an hour with my axe cutting down part of an South American Ear Tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment