Monday, December 27, 2010

12/27/10 Holiday Initiative V, Savage Creek Preserve and a Vacant Lot

     Today I found Savage Creek Preserve and took lots of native plants pictures. There was a sign there saying they were fighting Chinese Tallow and Coral Ardisia, but I didn't see either. The day was freezing cold and windy so I could stay for only about an hour. I did see the tracks of what I think is Wild Hogs. (See top picture) I did pick up an arm full of litter which looked like it was blown in from the road.
     There are two big lone Cesar Weeds I know of in town and today I got one of them. It was on the corner of a vacant lot. I couldn't get the roots as it was tangled up with a native Beauty Berry plant. But I used my pullerbear and pulled out every above ground bit of it and 33 babies. (The bottom photo is a Cesar Weed but not the one I pulled out today).
     Today I also burned all the Turk's Turban and Cesar Weeds I've been drying for a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment