Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/20/10 Big Econlockhatchee Turban Removal VII Success!


Success! Success! Success!
     The picture here is a little bright because I took it with a flash. I worked until it got dark to finish the job and had to take the picture after the sun went down.
     It has taken me a long long time to defeat these Malaysian Turk's Turban Weeds and today after pulling out 243 of them I have done it! This is a major win. Today was a mix of pulling out baby plants and pulling out giant fifteen foot tall ones. But after a couple hours I got them all.
     I know many are still under the ground still alive, but that's OK. I'll keep on them and never let them grow a leaf. Eventually the roots will die.
     I've been searching for hours on the Internet to find the name of this plant. Today after work I'm going to make the long drive to the plant nursery where I saw them for sale. I thought about gathering live ones and selling them to the nursery, but then I thought better of it. I didn't want to contribute to the spreading of an invasive exotic.
     Wednesday
     I found it! The plant nursery still had them for sale. This horrible plant's name it Turk's Turban (Clerdendrum indicum). It is an exotic invasive from Malaysia. It has other names such as Sky Rocket, Bowing Lady and Turk's Cap. Now I'll go back and change all the Turban Removal posts from "Evil Weed Removal to Turban Removal".

No comments:

Post a Comment