Sunday, December 26, 2010

12/25/10 Holiday Initiative III Sweetwater Park Oviedo & More


     Today I found Sweetwater Park in Oviedo Florida. I found this nice park to be full of exotics and litter. I pulled out 50 Cesar Weeds and a 5 gallon bucket full of recyclables all of which I pulled from the bushes. 90% of the recycling was beer bottles. (See bottom picture) This park has Chinese Tallow, Taro, Cesar Weed, Old World Climbing Fem (See top picture), Paper Mulberry and Air Potato.
     Later I had a Holiday Lunch at the University Unitarian Society. I explored their property and found just 8 Cesar Weeds. I almost feel better pulling out a small group of Cesar Weeds than a couple hundred of some huge infestation. With the small group I know I have completely stopped a new invasion.
     After that I went to Lake Claire on the campus of UCF and explored some fire break trails behind the lake. Around the lake there was lots of litter and some Cesar Weed of which I pulled out 200.
     After that I had a Holiday Dinner with a friend and his family.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment