Monday, November 29, 2010

11/25/10 Thanksgiving Weekend II

     I took my canoe out into the Big Econlockhatchee River to patrol for Water Hyacinth plants and ended up in a tug of war with several Chinese Tallow Trees. I pulled out 4 by their roots and cut down 8 more. Late in the day I found a big patch of high and dry Water Hyacinths which I'll have to come back for. I also will have to come back for a hunter's camp I spotted. I disarmed their monitoring equipment which I had to untie off of one of my Bald Cypress Trees.
     My neighbor has a burning pit and she said I could use it for the Tallow Trees. She also has a million tiny Cesar Weeds which I am determined to kill. I don't know how so many got there. She lives just across a tree line from me.
     I also released my pet Musk Turtle. I spend to much time either working or out in the war against exotics I was leaving the turtle alone all day. So I took it far upriver and told it over and over, "I love you, but don't come back to my house."

No comments:

Post a Comment