Friday, November 12, 2010

11/12/10 A Walk in a Playalinda Beach Forest


     Four of my friends met at Playalinda Beach on the East Coast of Central Florida. I noticed a bunch of plastic flower petals on the ground. (See top picture) I've seen this before at Hindu festivals. I've asked them before at other lakes in Orlando not to litter with plastic. A more environmental option would be to throw real flowers petals instead.
     Later on I went for a walk in a long a forest trail within the Canaveral National Wildlife Preserve. I was suprised to smell a Skunk close by. It brought back fond memories of one I used to have as a pet. Skunks are rare in Central Florida.
     There was some small patches of Cesar Weed in the forest and I pulled out every one of them. As I walked in I was creating little piles of Cesar Weeds and I picked up 38 of them one the way back out. At one point I heard a loud rattling. I thought "This will be a good picture of a Rattlesnake". It turned out to be a Black Racer vibrating it's tail in some dry leaves. I only caught a glimpse as it shot off into some brush.
     A Mud Wasp was carrying a catapillar and two Cuban Anoles ran over and ganged up on it and tried to rob it. I chased off the Cuban Anoles and the Wasp was able to continue on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment