Sunday, October 24, 2010

A long day doing good 10/24/10

     I went to "Back To Nature" animal hospital to get some pictures. I got some good Owl pictures, killed a Cuban Anole then started home. I stopped to photo a deer that was hit by a car and then ended up in trail leading into the woods. I am an explorer at heart and find an odd trail or river bend hard to resist. Well not long after I started down the trail I got into a Chinese Tallow Tree pulling war. I ended up taking out 17 Chinese Tallow Trees and 5 Cesar Weeds. I got some good flower pictures too.
     Then it was off to Lake Mills Park to take on two large Chinese Tallow trees I could not pull out by hand on a past trip. As I was driving up to the park a Gopher Tortoise was crossing the road. I nice man on a bicycle stopped and helped it across. I sat there in the road with my hazard lights on protecting him as he protected the tortoise. Later I dove into the woods of Lake Mills. My pullerbear was the perfect tree pulling tool. I ripped out those two big Tallow Trees and then I was off on another mission.
     I went back home and taught a Hapkido class for some friends. It is because of my Hapkido that I am comfortable being so deep in the woods exploring by myself.
     I went on to UCF and went on a Cuban Anole (Anolis sagrei) hunt. I killed 47 of them and saw two Green Anoles. In years past I could find a hundred or more in a day. When I began this project three years ago all the Cuban Anoles were huge and the Greens were small, weak and struggling. Now I rarely see a large Cuban and I've seen many Greens reaching maturity and even old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment