Monday, October 18, 2010

10/17/10 Mystical Experience

     If you look back to 10/3/10 you will see the baby Musk Turtle I found out in a Cypress Swamp. I released it back into the Econ River a week ago. The river is two acres away from my house, with thick Cypress Swamp in between.
    Well... a week later I'm coming back from the Eco-Action river clean up and I see this strange seed on the ground in front of my front porch. I pick it up and it's not a seed, it's my baby Turtle! How and more importantly why, did this tiny spec of a Turtle make such a dangerous out of the water trip to come back to my front door?! I'm still amazed by this. I rushed the dry baby into the house and into some room temperature water. Now it is living with me again, in a fish tank in my living room.
     I wonder how long it had been waiting there. How did it get past all the predators on the way back to the house? Why would it leave a clean, food rich river to come back to live with me? Did it take all week to make the trip?
     If I didn't see it with my own eyes (and camera) I wouldn't have believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment